Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Post in Which I Record a Pile of Leilani. Just So I Remember.

 

How does one baby-proof a book shelf? No clue. The number of times I have had to put our wall of books back together is climbing into the thousands, I am sure. It gets sloppier and sloppier every time.

 
This is the face of the cutest little person on the planet. Her name is Leilani, and she turned 11 months old two days ago.

 

She gets bored a lot. I am bad at entertainment for this age. The yelling and flying and hiding and carrying that it takes to get squeals is exhausting. I am blown away by the energy that little people have. 

 

Peekaboo is one of those things that never seems to get old. I love watching her get excited over and over at being discovered.

 

See? Like I said. Cutest little person ever. She gets her quirky and expressive eyebrows from her Daddy. I must say that I am jealous over the expressiveness that they can achieve.

 

The discovery of how to get naked. "I can take my diaper off myself!!" Oh. Dear. But oh my goshamolly. Look at those BUNS! Nothing is better than a set of wrinkly baby buns. It is the only age that being naked, wrinkly and jiggly is acceptable. But I can't encourage this behavior, as adorable as it is... Much anyways...


Ryan had Monday off for President's Day. The awesome thing about Ryan is that he is always up for an adventure. Like taking the baby on the metro for the first time and heading downtown to check out museums. In the rain. In February. There are so many things that I would not do or even consider without him. He is fantastic.


And it was Ryan who captured the srunchy smile that she does. I have been trying for weeks to get it, but Daddy got the shot! Love that face. When I am super happy and smiling my largest (like in my wedding pictures for example) my nose gets scrunchy. On an infant, charming and adorable. An adult? Not so much. But aww! She takes after me sometimes!

 
 

 

After the novelty wore off some, the fussing began. Perhaps from the pressure in the tunnels? She got to fly in and out of the car every stop the rest of the way there.

 

Somehow, this is the only picture I got of our whole trip to the American History Museum. Yes, we did let her go free and crawl around in some areas. *shudder* Bathing in hand sanitizer was such fun. I have discovered that infants and toddlers are pretty ok for museums. Crawlers? Not that ok. They are not interested or old enough for any of the fun displays, and they want to crawl on/eat everything in sight. We will be waiting a bit for the next museum trip I think. But it was an adventure! 
Also, it snowed. Again. After being in the upper 60s to low 70s twice last week. Winter, can you be done already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble On...