Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Leilani, at 21 months

photography by Rebekah Joy

Oh little Leilani girl. You are so wonderful. We would not be US without YOU. I can't believe that you are 21 months old already. Your little years are speeding by so fast. I don't want to forget all that you are at this time in your life.

You know so many words! While your sentences take a little bit of deciphering, you exclaim them with enthusiasm. Unless you are praying in front of a bunch of people. Then you whisper our whispered prompts from behind your folded hands with a big smile. You can count all the way to 10 (when you don't get stuck on 2) and know many of your ABCs.

You are learning how to climb on everything. You know how to get up, and usually remember how to get down, but if you are removed from your perch unwillingly, you are not a happy camper. Scary falls seem to teach nothing to your thrill seeking ways, no tabletop or counter is safe from you anymore.

You SLEEP beautifully now. I can not thank you enough for figuring out that nap times and night times, really are much more pleasant when you sleep straight through them. For the past many weeks, you have slept straight through, and gone down quite easily. I wish I knew what made this amazing concept click in your head, but alas. I do not know. Hurrah to you, my (at long last) little snoozer.

I love your little toothy smile. You have endured several molar teethings quite well for the most part. I know that some nights were hard, but keep the goal ahead of you. Soon, your little mouth will be full enough to take on the big chews. You sure are loving having something to brush with your toddler toothbrush! Scrub away.

We love your little funny ways. "Sneeeeky Mama! Sneeeeeky Dada!" you exclaim, at random moments throughout the day. You love to run about the house as naked as you can get, for as long as we let you. You like "playing baby" and being tickled, cuddled (sometimes) and chased by Dada. I (usually) love it when you climb into bed with me in the mornings. I love those snuggly, smoochy moments that you slobber-ly bestow.

Unfortunately, you do not like being clean. Diaper times are often your least favorite part of the day, and bathtime is no longer a fun evening adventure. A thrill seeker elsewhere, you hate having your hair washed. I am afraid that the need for clean hair and clean buns has ruined your appreciation of a warm, bubbly bath.

You love your granparents! You ask for Thatha, Grandma, Grammy, Bahpa, Granny and Papa regularly and you can't get enough of them. When Great Sabra came to visit, you took to her right away too! You know that the surest way to get sugar and be spoiled is by visiting your grandparents. Bowling with Granny, riding the carousel with Thatha, and sneaking sugar from a "disapproving" Grandma are some of your favorite things. I have loved watching you love them, and they sure do love you too.

You have become quite the extrovert. Staying up late, and visiting with your favorite people seems to charge you up. Quite the entertainer, you warm up to new faces in about 20 minutes, and soon show off your funniest tricks, favorite books and most charming grins. You love singing about all your favorite people, and can't get enough of them.

You love smoothies of all kinds, no matter what crazy combinations I whip up, you inhale them all. Waffles are a close second. You share your parent's love of Chipotle, and really enjoy a good bowl of their black beans and cilantro and lime brown rice. Yum!

Perhaps your very favorite things right now are Old MacDonald and as of this past week, the ABC song. By now, I hate both. But they are the only songs you will tolerate any time you are tired, and when you need comfort, MacDonald works then too.

I love you Leilani. You are such a pleasure. Thank you for loving me even when I get grouchy and impatient. You are such a special little person, I am so proud of you and I can't wait to watch you grow. The Lord has great plans for you little lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble On...