Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It is one of THOSE mornings...

The ones where I have to wake up far too early to my thinking, after a night spent trying to fall back asleep after multiple risings to put the baby back down. Over and over, seemingly. Odd dreams that leave one feeling weirded out all day and like they never actually did sleep don't help either. It is one of those mornings where I have to drive a lot very soon, and do things. Which is fine, when the baby has not been awake for several hours before. Cue the anxious "Oh man, will she scream the whole time till I get home? How painful is this morning going to be? WHY WONT SHE JUST SLEEP??" rumblings of my twitchy mind. I feel snappy and impatient with her, frusterated at the whole "wrongness" of it all... and yet...

The sun is shining. My baby, despite being sleepy, is adorable and in a good mood. My house is warm. And best of all? Jesus loves me, and He is never impatient with my fussy rumblings, when I wont just let go and rest in Him.


Afternoon edit:

AAAANnnnnnd she was good as gold. Slept with hardly a fuss on the way, held up beautifully while there, and only cried a little on the way home before sleeping. Thank You Lord.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh those nights! i remember them all too well...

    and BTdubs, comments on my blog are now being moderated, so you don't have to do a word verification. just publish. they'll show up a little later when i see them in my email. sorry for the mixup! glad you liked the craft!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble On...