Monday, December 13, 2010

Got Stress?

Confession: Frequently, I am an anxious, worried, often driven for no reason person. This makes for a crazy mommalady. I worst case scenario like its my job, fret and fear like the sky is falling, and usually manage to make mountains out of molehills. I am really, really good at it. Since becoming a mother, I have taken this tendency to the next level, and have come to the place where I can look at myself and go "woah. You are an anxious, worried, often driven person for no reason." I didn't really realize this about myself till this year. I also did not really realize how utterly blessed I am till this year. It is still sinking in. I need to get to the place where it permeates through the stress and becomes a serious chill pill. GOD. Is. SO. Good. To. ME. I have realized that all this unnecessary anxiety and stress is not only unhealthy, it is sinful. I act like God must not have it all under control, and that somehow, by worrying, I can do a better job, or at least make for a really great sobby novel.

I need to slow down and focus on the Truth.

Luke 12:28-32 But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried. For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek first his kingdom, and these things will be added to you. Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble On...