Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Growth...Amazing!

It is snowing again! But this time a warm breeze is the cause. Soft pink and while petals are sent dancing by the breath of spring, they spin and twirl as the hang suspended between heaven and earth. One of the most lovely parts of this lovely season.

Flowers on trees... Somehow it blows my mind every year. Things can grow in so many ways, but that God chose to make some things bloom... amazing. To me, its little pieces of God's love that He has given us in radiant abundance several times a year.
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth His handiwork..." Ps. 19

I have officially decided that spring is my favorite time of year. There is nothing like watching the grass turn green, smelling the freshness return to the air, seeing the buds appear and bloom and hearing the birds start to wake up and make their joyfulness known to the world. I love watching things grow. The whole concept of something starting from nearly nothing and turn into something seemingly unaided is so humbling. The world just breathes God's presence. Spring makes me feel all the more aware of it, everything is so clearly responding to His touch.

Lying on the couch beside me is my very own little pink rosebud blooming right along with the trees. She has got to be the pinkest baby I have ever seen.

"You formed my inward parts. You knit me together in my mother's womb, I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Ps 139

I will never grow tired of just staring at her. It is truly incredible to have been a part of the creation process and watch this little person come into being. Watching her grow and change and learn utterly blows me away. I feel like I have come to know a whole different side of God, the Creator side, in a whole new way. I don't think I truly got it before, and I am not sure that I do now... All I know is that when I look at this perfect little person, I see the fingerprints of God in every teeny detail.

He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble On...