Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It is 6:00 p.m. on a Tuesday...

...and the sun has been out all day, it has been in the sixties for most of the afternoon, the birds are singing and I am sleepy already.

Today is March 9th. Petunia is due to make her appearance on March 13th. At any moment, she could decide that she has had enough of her cramped little bubble and make her grand appearance. After much debate in my mind, I decided to take this week off from work in an attempt to rest myself, clean my house (yes those two can go together... sometimes), collect my thoughts, and focus myself on the Giver of this gift that is about to be opened.

I am so thankful for the calm quiet of the past two days. I don't think that I can really prepare very much for the adventure that awaits me tomorrow? Tonight? Next Thursday? but I have come to realize that the less prepared I think I am, the better. Parenting requires 100% reliance on God for everything and if I start thinking "Ok... I think we can handle this..." that 100% drops drastically and everything will fall apart guaranteed. I need to keep ever before me that "Apart from Him, I can do nothing." -John 15:5

It is a scary thing to know that in mere hours or days I will arrive at the weakest state I have ever been in, utterly out of my league without a clue of what to do. Scary but beautiful.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." -Is. 40:28-29

Strength in weakness. Encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble On...